Monday, October 3, 2011

Family Reunion

oil on board
7.5"x 10"
sold

While on vacation my mom asked me to take a picture of my brother's shorts (because she really liked them) and I got an unexpectedly dramatic composition.  I think it also captures something of the continual busyness of our large annual reunions as well as the quiet, separate thoughts people continue to have in the midst of a large group.
I've been preoccupied with this for several days.  It has felt good to be working larger, but I'm already wanting to get back to some quicker pieces.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Love the composition! I felt like I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great. Beautifully composed and I love when people crop off the heads!! Very Karin Jurick!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me- I love to hear what you think. Any private questions? Send an email to awakeandpainting@gmail.com