Saturday, November 12, 2011

Moving Toward the Light

oil on panel
7"x 7"
sold

The light in this parking lot was stunning.  I could have titled this an unpoetic "Young Woman with Poise Walking and Two Children Goofing Around in the Wissahickon Valley Parking Lot", but the way they move toward the sharp afternoon sunlight is the real subject. 

This was a challenge.  I have not painted from photographs of people in silhouette before, and I wasn't sure I could make it work.  I'm glad I tried- every painting teaches me something. 


7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful painting. I love the feel like a crisp morning light. The shapes and composition are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely made it work! Great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really superb, a very unusual subject but an exciting one, and very well executed, bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The composition is excellent! I think you managed all the colors well , in the light and with the silhouettes. I really like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this painting, there is a lot of movement in it, and I love the light in the distance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful. I love how you've made a very ordinary - and typical - moment in a mother's day so extraordinary. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me- I love to hear what you think. Any private questions? Send an email to awakeandpainting@gmail.com