Thursday, July 11, 2013

Nestled Buildings in Basse-Ville, Quebec

Graphite 7.25"x7.25"

I'm simply mesmerized by the buildings in Vieux Quebec, especially the ones in the oldest section of Basse-Ville. Each one is so old yet so beautifully maintained, but it's the way they are nestled together that really grabs me. By the way, my father was an urban planner, and loved visiting this city.
I know, I know, I need to start painting, but I love drawing too. Not at first- at first it's all measuring proportions and checking angles, and seems so challenging. About 3/4 of the way through a drawing can kind of take off, and then I'm just hanging on for the ride.

1 comment:

  1. masterfully done! I am awed by the perspectives you so adeptly capture...such a challenge for me. Love seeing your work

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me- I love to hear what you think. Any private questions? Send an email to awakeandpainting@gmail.com