Thursday, May 26, 2011

Trees Obscuring Oil Tanks

oil on paper
5.75" x 7"
purchase

I love painting on paper, and for some reason find it the supposedly casual aspect of the surface very freeing. Although the paper is smooth, I don't sand the gesso much and so there is a nice tooth to the surface that grabs the paint so nicely. I use a good quality archival paper (currently Stonehenge) with several coats of gesso.  As long as the painting remains flat (don't fold it!) the finished product is just as stable as a painting on canvas or board.
A steamy day today, the humidity already softening edges and colors. Summer is around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me- I love to hear what you think. Any private questions? Send an email to awakeandpainting@gmail.com